- 6 slices white bread
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg whites
- Cut crusts off the bread slices. Cut into 1-inch squares in a saucepan.
- Combine cheeses and butter. Heat over low heat until melted. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Slowly pour cheese mixture into beaten egg whites
and fold gently.
- Dip bread cubes in cheese mixture and coat well.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, and refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze
for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Yield: 3 melts
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.