Cheesy Asparagus Appetizer
Looking for an "entertaining" recipe? Bake this bubbly Cheesy Asparagus Appetizer
for your next party platter.
- 10 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray board or counter top with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls together to form a ball and roll into a 14-15 inch circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a sprayed 12-inch deep dish pizza pan.
- Cut 3-4 inches from top of each asparagus spear. Set tops aside. Cut stem ends into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the 1-inch asparagus pieces; cover and boil 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Arrange the blanched asparagus over crust. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese and parsley.
- In a bowl combine eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour into crust. Arrange asparagus tops over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Prep time: 20 min (not including thaw time) | Bake time: 30-35 min
Servings: 6 | Skills: Intermediate
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.