Cheesy Asparagus Appetizer
Looking for an "entertaining" recipe? Bake this bubbly Cheesy Asparagus Appetizer
for your next party platter.
- 10 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray board or counter top with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls together
to form a ball and roll into a 14-15 inch circle. Press onto the bottom and up the
sides of a sprayed 12-inch deep dish pizza pan.
- Cut 3-4 inches from top of each asparagus spear. Set tops aside. Cut stem ends
into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the 1-inch asparagus pieces;
cover and boil 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water.
Drain and pat dry. Arrange the blanched asparagus over crust. Sprinkle with 1/3
cup cheese and parsley.
- In a bowl combine eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour into crust.
Arrange asparagus tops over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Prep Time: 20 min (not including thaw time) | Bake Time: 30-35 min
Servings: 6 | Skills: Intermediate
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Rhodes BakeNServ
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes