Cheesy Wontons with Sweet and Sour Dip
- 12 ounces (3 to 4 cups) jalapeño Jack cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 3-4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup bottled sweet-sour sauce
- Place 1 cube of cheese in middle of wonton wrapper. Fold in half to form a triangle,
sealing edges with water. Fold remaining 2 edges together and seal. Repeat with
remaining cheese and wrappers.
- Heat oil in deep skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Fry wontons 6 to 8 at a time until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- For dip, combine cream cheese and sweet-sour sauce in small bowl until smooth.
- Serve wontons with sauce for dipping.
Servings: 12, with 2 tablespoons dipping sauce per serving
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 16-18 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Dairy Association
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.