Chicken and Cheddar Beignets with Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 cup chilled club soda or seltzer
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 ounces Cabot Smoky Bacon Cheddar or Cabot Horseradish Cheddar
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 36 wooden toothpicks
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Sauce: Stir together marmalade and horseradish.
- Beignets: Whisk together batter of 1 cup of flour,
club soda or seltzer and egg yolk in medium bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Cut cheese into 36 cubes.
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into 36 strips. Wrap chicken strip
around each cube of cheese and secure with toothpick.
- Heat oil to 325 degrees F in large heavy saucepan or deep fryer.
Coat each piece with some of remaining flour, then dip into batter. Fry in batches until golden brown.
- Transfer beignets with slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain.
Sprinkle with salt and serve warm with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jeffrey Weiss.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.