Chicken Meatballs with Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken breasts, coarsely ground
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 6), white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- To make the meatballs: In a medium glass or ceramic bowl, combine chicken, green
onions, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and yoghurt. Mix well.
- Add breadcrumbs and mix well. Form heaping tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add meatballs
and brown on all sides, turning often.
- Transfer to a baking sheet with sides and bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes
or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball reads 165 degrees F.
- Remove and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce.
Yield: 28 meatballs
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.