Chiles Rellenos Puffs
If 2 (12-cup) muffin pans are unavailable, spoon dough into pan; refrigerate
remaining dough while baking first pan. Spoon refrigerated dough into pan; bake
for 28 to 35 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat water and butter over high heat to a full rolling boil.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, cornmeal and salt until mixture forms a dough and all lumps have
disappeared. Gradually stir in beaten eggs until well blended. Stir in both cheeses
and the chiles. Spoon dough evenly into sprayed muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 to 29 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes; remove from muffin cups.
- Serve warm.
Servings: 24 | Prep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 25-29 min
Sue Tyner, Tustin, California
America's Greatest Cheese Recipe Award Winner
41st Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest, 2004
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Dairy Association
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.