Chili Chicken Strips
If you don't have a deep-fat thermometer, drop a 1-inch cube of bread in
the oil. If it turns golden brown in 1 minute, the oil is hot enough.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup fresh salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 4 cup Fritos
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Cut chicken into approximately 24 strips. Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, crush Fritos and stir in chili powder. Dip chicken strips into egg, then coat with seasoned crushed Fritos.
- Refrigerate until ready to use (up to 2 days).
- In a deep, heavy skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Fry chicken strips a few at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with creamy salsa.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.