Chili Chicken Strips
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup fresh salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 4 cup Fritos
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Refrigerate, covered, until ready
- Cut chicken into approximately 24 strips. Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, crush Fritos and stir in chili powder. Dip chicken strips
into egg, then coat with seasoned crushed Fritos.
- Refrigerate until ready to use (up to 2 days).
- In a deep, heavy skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Fry chicken strips a few
at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with creamy salsa.
If you don't have a deep-fat thermometer, drop a 1-inch cube of bread in
the oil. If it turns golden brown in 1 minute, the oil is hot enough.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes