Chipotle Orange Barbecue Meatballs
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon each cumin, oregano, and minced garlic
- 2/3 cup chipotle or regular barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Mix beef, tortilla chips, 1/3 cup cilantro, green onions, egg, cumin, oregano
and garlic in a bowl until combined. Form into 30 balls.
- Coat skillet with oil or nonstick spray; heat. Add meatballs, increase heat and
cook for 7 minutes, turning frequently until browned and cooked through.
- Add barbecue sauce, zest and juice and remaining cilantro to skillet. Cook, tossing
until meatballs are coated.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with wooden picks.
Yield: about 30 meatballs