Chipped Beef in a Sour Dough Bread Bowl
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) package chipped beef, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 (8-inch) round loaf sour dough bread
- Mix the ingredients well except bread.
- Slice top off bread round and hollow out, carefully, making sure there are no
weak places in bread shell. Reserve removed bread.
- Fill bread shell with chipped beef mixture and put top back on.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Use soft bread from interior of the loaf to dip into hot mixture.
Bread can be toasted. Crackers can also used for dipping.