Coconut Shrimp with Jalapeno Jelly
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 12 (16-20 or 26-30) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Canola oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 green jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 package liquid pectin
- Lightly toast the coconut on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Shrimp: Butterfly each shrimp by splitting lengthwise down the center, cutting three-fourths
of the way through. Dredge the shrimp in flour and then dip in egg. Press the shredded
coconut into the shrimp and then fry in canola oil heated to 350 degrees F until
- Jalapeno Jelly: Place all ingredients, except pectin, in a saucepan and bring
to a boil. Add the pectin and bring to a boil again. Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve with Jalapeno Jelly.
The Jalapeno Jelly can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator
for 7-14 days.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes