Crab and Cheese Won Tons
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 6 cups cooking oil
- 30 won ton wrappers
- Sweet and sour dipping sauce
- For filling, combine crabmeat, cream cheese and green onion in a mixing bowl.
- In a wok or 3-quart saucepan, heat cooking oil to 365 degrees F.
- On a work surface, place a won ton wrapper with a point toward you. Spoon 1 teaspoon
filling onto wrapper, just below the center. Fold the bottom point over the filling,
then tuck under the filling. Roll wrapper once to cover filling, leaving 1 inch
unrolled at the top of wrapper. Moisten right corner of wrapper. Bring these corners
toward you, below the filling. Overlap left and right corners, then press together
- Fry won tons a few at a time for 1 to 2 1/2 minutes or until golden, turning
once. Using a slotted spoon or wire strainer, remove won tons from oil. Drain on
a wok rack or paper towels. To keep warm, place finished won tons in a 300 degree
F oven while frying remaining wontons.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Yield: 10 won tons
Nutrition per serving: 225 calories,6 g protein, 16 g fat, 14 g carbohydrate,
>1 g fiber, 26 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes