Crab Meltaways (T&T)
These delicious crab appetizers are always the first thing to go. These freeze well, so keep a whole bunch on hand.
- 1 pound fresh crab meat
- 1/2 pound butter, softened
- 1 jar Old English sharp cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- English muffins
- Mix together butter and cheese until blended, add salts, shallots and mayonnaise.
Stir in crab meat.
- Cut each English muffin in half. Spread each round with crab mixture spreading
out evenly (at this point, if you like you can tightly wrap them up and freeze until
ready to use), place on a baking sheet and freeze until firm (this makes it easy
to cut). Cut each round into 4 wedges.
- Broil until light brown.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes