This is a wonderful recipe. Great as an appetizer.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pound white crabmeat (I use imitation and it turns out fine)
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated cheese (Cheddar, sharp, etc. whichever you prefer) for topping
- Melt butter. Add flour, pepper, and salt. Make a paste by adding milk slowly.
Gradually stir in remaining milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly to make
a thick white sauce.
- Into greased baking dish (I use a 3-quart dish) layer: 1 pound white crabmeat
1 pound grated Monterey jack cheese white sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of baking dish.
Top the last 5 minutes with more grated cheese.
Posted by TurtleBug at Recipe Goldmine 11/5/2001 8:16 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes