- 6 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pickled jalapeno, minced, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons pickling liquid from jar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 8 ounces crabmeat, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced artichoke hearts (optional)
- 3 dozen tortilla chips
- 1 pickled jalapeno, sliced thin
- Minced scallion tops (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together cheeses, sour cream, jalapeno, pickling liquid, garlic
and cumin until well blended.
- Fold in the crabmeat and artichokes, if desired.
- Spread each chip with a layer of the topping mixture. Place the chips on a heatproof
baking dish or platter. Sprinkle the sliced jalapeno over everything.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and a little bubbly.
- Scatter scallion tops over the nachos and serve immediately.