Crab Stuffed Jalapenos
- 1 pound flaked crabmeat
- 1 pound large fresh jalapenos (about 10)
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cracker meal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cracker meal
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slit peppers lengthwise, then seed and rinse.
- In large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except breading mixture.
- Stuff pepper halves with crab mixture and press stuffing around pepper. Set aside.
- For breading mixture, place cracker meal in flat pan.
- Mix together milk, eggs, salt, pepper. Dip peppers in egg mixture, then cracker
meal. Repeat procedure.
- Deep fry at 365 degrees F until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
Breading/coating will stick better if you freeze the the peppers before
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes