- 1 (17.3 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated, pasteurized crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almond
- 3 green onions, sliced (about 6 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're easy
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir the crabmeat and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir the cream cheese, mayonnaise,
almonds, onion and mustard in a large bowl. Gently fold in the crabmeat.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into
a 16 x 12-inch rectangle. Place the pastry rectangle onto a baking sheet. With the
short side facing you, spoon half the crab mixture lengthwise down the center of
the pastry rectangle. Cut strips 2-inches apart from the outer edge of the pastry
to the filling down both sides of the pastry. Starting at one end, fold the pastry
strips over the filling, alternating sides, to cover the filling. Repeat with the
remaining pastry sheet and crabmeat mixture. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.
Thaw Time: 40 min | Bake Time: 35 min
Prep Time: 30 min | Makes: 20
1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat may be substituted for fresh crabmeat.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Pepperidge Farm, Inc.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes