This is a terrific appetizer to be served from a slow cooker.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Meatballs: Combine soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and ground beef and shape into
1-inch meatballs. Place on ungreased baking pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a slow cooker.
- Sauce: Combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, sugar and lemon juice in a
saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour over meatballs.
- Keep warm in the slow cooker for serving.
Yield: 7 dozen