Florida Blue Crab Nachos
Delicious Florida Blue Crab Nachos with that one-of-a-kind Southwestern taste.
- 1/2 pound crabmeat, drained, shell pieces removed
- 1 1/2 cups jack cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- Heat the oven to broil.
- On a large cookie sheet, evenly distribute the tortilla chips.
- Evenly distribute the rest of the ingredients, except the cilantro, over
the tortilla chips.
- Place the topped tortillas in the oven on a middle rack.
- Cook nachos under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is completely
- Make sure to keep a good eye on the nachos because they will burn under
the broiler if not careful.
- Slide the cooked nachos off the cookie sheet and onto a similar sized platter.
- Garnish nachos with the fresh cilantro.
- Serve nachos immediately.
Recipe and photo credit: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer