Kickin’ Po’Boy Shrimp with
Cranberry-Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail , divided use
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place shrimp in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of juice, creole seasoning,
and jalapeno. Pour over shrimp. Seal and shake. Refrigerate for 1-2
- Heat 3 cups of oil in a deep skillet or a deep fryer over medium
- While oil is heating, remove shrimp from bag and discard liquid.
Place shrimp in a large bowl. Sprinkle cornstarch on shrimp and toss.
- In a medium bowl, stir together egg and remaining 1/2 cup of juice.
- In another medium bowl, stir together flour and cornmeal.
- Dip each shrimp into egg mixture then roll in flour mixture.
- Fry 6-8 shrimp at a time in hot oil for 2 minutes per side until
golden brown, turning once. Remove with slotted spoon and place on paper
towels to drain.
- While shrimp are frying, place sauce ingredients in a small saucepan
and heat over medium low heat until cranberry sauce is melted, stirring
- Serve sauce with shrimp for dipping.
Prep Time:20 min plus marinating | Cook Time: 15 min | Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories 720 Fat 47g Sugars 12g Saturated
Fat 4g Carbohydrates 49g Protein 26g Sodium 1255mg Fiber 2g Cholesterol
217mg Potassium 313mg Calcium 120mg Folate 149% Zinc 0 Vitamin A 103%
Vitamin C 23mg Vitamin E 12mg
Recipe by: Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma - Ocean Spray 2012 Tailgating
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Ocean Spray
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes