Oyster Patties - The pastry shells can be filled and refrigerated, then warmed in the oven
at 300 degrees F when ready to serve.
- 24 Pepperidge Farm pastry shells
- 24 Louisiana oysters, with oyster liquid
- 4 stalks celery, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- 1/3 bunch parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bake pastry shells according to directions on the bo. Let cool, then remove pastry from inside the shells with a fork. Put aside in a bowl for later use.
- Melt butter in skillet. Sauté celery until slightly soft, then add scallions. Sauté for about 3 minutes, then add garlic, stirring constantly.
- After mixture becomes soft, add the insides of the pastry shells and water from the oysters. Consistency should be like thick gravy. If necessary, add water to keep the mixture from becoming too thick.
- When the pastry mixture cooks down, add the oysters and cook until the butter rises to the top, about 10 to 15 minutes. Oysters will shrink when cooked.
- Add the parsley, and stir for about 1 minute.
- Fill each patty shell with at least one oyster and some of the mixture.
- Put pastry top on to cover.
Yield: 24 patties
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.