This sauce may be stored in jars in the refrigerator for several months or in
the freezer for a year. Spoon out as needed.
- 3 bags fresh spinach
- Tops only from 2 bunches scallions
- 2 bunches parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 pounds soft butter, creamed
- 1 (10 ounce) box bread crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 tube anchovy paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of red pepper
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Rock salt
- Rockerfeller Sauce: Puree spinach, onion tops and parsley in blender or food processor, adding enough Worcestershire sauce to allow blender to work easily. Add pureed mixture to remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Oysters: Cover a large cookie sheet with foil and spread with a layer of rock salt.
- Place drained oysters on oyster shells, then on bed of salt. Top oysters with Rockefeller Sauce (about 1 or 2 tablespoons on each).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Yield: 6 pints sauce
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.