Pacific Crab Puffs
The fried puffs freeze well. To serve frozen puffs, partially thaw, then
reheat in a 350 degree F oven for 12 minutes to heat through.
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper seasoning
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Puffs: Combine biscuit mix, cheese and green onion. Shred crab and add to cheese mixture.
- Combine egg, water, Worcestershire and hot pepper seasoning. Stir into crab mixture
just until blended.
- Heat about 1 1/2 inches oil in a deep saucepan or electric frying pan to 375
degrees F. Fry 3 or 4 puffs at a time by dropping batter from a teaspoon into the
hot oil and cook, turning as necessary, until golden brown on all sides, 1 1/2 to
2 minutes. Lift out with a slotted spoon; drain. Keep warm until all are fried, or cool, wrap and freeze.
- Mustard Dip: Combine all ingredients.
- Serve hot with Mustard Dip.
Yield: about 3 dozen
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.