- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 24 soft white sandwich bread slices
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a pastry brush, coat inside of 24 miniature (2-inch diameter) muffin cups
with melted butter. Set aside.
- Using a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut a round from each slice of bread. Save scraps
from bread to dry for bread crumbs. Push each round gently into buttered muffin
cups, pressing snugly against bottom and sides. If bread tears, patch with a small
piece of bread from scraps; pat patches in firmly.
- Bake shells in preheated oven until lightly browned about 10 minutes.
- Remove from muffin pans; cool on wire racks.
- When completely cooled, shells may be packed in plastic freezer bags and frozen
up to 3 months. Or fill for immediate use.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.