Pecan Crusted Chicken Fingers
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons pecan meal or 2 tablespoons pecan halves, finely ground
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup canned apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Chicken: Slice chicken into 1/2 inch wide strips. Set aside.
- Beat the egg white lightly in a wide, shallow dish.
- In another dish, mix together the spices and the pecan meal. Dip each chicken
strip in the egg white, then roll lightly in the pecan-spice mixture. Set on wax paper. If not cooking immediately, refrigerate, uncovered.
- Heat canola oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook without crowding, turning occasionally, until chicken is opaque, firm to the touch, and pecan meal is golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with apricot sauce.
- Apricot Sauce: Combine apricot nectar and spicy mustard in small saucepan. Stir
to blend and bring to boil over medium heat.
- In small dish combine the vinegar and cornstarch to make paste. Add to boiling nectar, stir until slightly thickened; serve warm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.