The sweet-hot Praline Bacon is especially good with creamy, tangy
cheeses such as Wisconsin Blue and Gorgonzola.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or ground almonds, pecans or walnuts)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices thick-cut or slab pepper-encrusted bacon*
- Blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese for accompaniment
* If pepper bacon is not available, add two tablespoons course ground black pepper
to sugar mixture.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon* in wide, shallow dish. Dip and press each
slice of bacon in sugar mixture on both sides. Lay bacon strips on large, rimmed
baking sheet. Sprinkle additional sugar mixture over bacon slices in pan.
- Roast bacon until fat begins to render, about 6 minutes. Rotate pan front-to-back
and continue roasting until bacon is crisp and brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove,
cool and break or cut each bacon strip into 5-6 bite-sized pieces.
- Serve warm or cold with cheeses.
Servings: 60-72 bacon pieces
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.