The sweet-hot bacon accompaniment is especially good with creamy, tangy
cheeses such as Wisconsin Blue and Gorgonzola.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or ground almonds, pecans or walnuts)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices thick-cut or slab pepper-encrusted bacon*
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon* in wide, shallow dish. Dip and press each
slice of bacon in sugar mixture on both sides. Lay bacon strips on large, rimmed
baking sheet. Sprinkle additional sugar mixture over bacon slices in pan.
- Roast bacon until fat begins to render, about 6 minutes. Rotate pan front-to-back
and continue roasting until bacon is crisp and brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove,
cool and break or cut each bacon strip into 5-6 bite-sized pieces.
- Serve warm or cold with cheeses.
Servings: 60-72 bacon pieces
* If pepper bacon is not available, add two tablespoons course ground black pepper
to sugar mixture.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes