Red Lentil Dip
- 1 cup dried red lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 cups reduced sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried ground coriander
- 4 pieces pita bread, quartered
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, for garnish
- Combine lentils, broth, tomato paste, garlic cloves, salt, and freshly ground
pepper to taste in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender and all liquid
- Transfer lentil mixture to food processor and pulse on and off to form a paste.
Return lentil puree to saucepan and stir in coriander. Taste and adjust seasonings
if necessary. Place red lentil puree in a small bowl. Garnish with yogurt and top with cilantro.
- Toast pita pieces under broiler until golden (1 to 2 minutes per side).
- Arrange pita pieces on a plate and serve warm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.