Restaurant-Style Potato Skins
- 6 potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup bacon bits
- 1 (16 ounce) package sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave the potatoes on HIGH until they are soft;
approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half vertically. Scoop the inside out of the potatoes, until
1/4 inch of the potato shell remains.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C) in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan.
Place the potatoes in hot oil, fry for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes on paper towels.
- Fill the potato shells with cheese and bacon bits. Arrange them in the prepared
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with sour cream.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 1/25/2002 8:45 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.