Sauerkraut Meat Balls
- 1/2 pound ground ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound corned beef
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sauerkraut, drained
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Fine dry bread crumbs
- Add meats, onion and parsley to food processor. Process until well mixed.
- In a large skillet, melt half of the shortening and sauté mixture, stirring constantly,
until browned. Blend in flour; slowly stir in milk and seasonings. Cook until mixture is light and fluffy (mixture will be stiff at first.
It becomes fluffy as it cooks). Allow to cool.
- Add sauerkraut and stir; put mixture in food processor again and blend. Return
mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until quite thick. Cool.
- Roll into walnut-size balls. Dip in flour, then in beaten eggs, and coat in bread
crumbs. (May be frozen at this point.)
- In a large skillet, melt the other half of the shortening and fry until golden.
- Serve with honey mustard.
Yield: 100 meat balls
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.