- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 24 (3 1/2-inch square) wonton wrappers
- 3/4 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a miniature muffin
- Place ground Italian sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high
heat until evenly brown. Drain and remove from heat.
- Stir Monterey Jack cheese and Colby cheese into the warm sausage to melt. Stir
- Gently press wonton wrappers into the prepared miniature muffin pan so that the
edges are extending. Place a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until wonton edges begin to brown.
- Transfer baked filled wontons to a serving platter. Dollop each with approximately
1 tablespoon sour cream. Sprinkle with scallions.
Yield: 24 canapés
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.