Shrimp in Sake-Garlic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced onion or shallot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces rinsed deveined peeled medium shrimp (41/50)
- 1/2 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir garlic and onion or shallot
in olive oil until golden brown - about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sake. Stir often until shrimp are opaque but still moist-looking
in center of thickest part (cut to test), 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add butter, soy sauce and parsley; stir until butter is melted and blended into
sauce. Spoon into 4 small shallow bowls.
- Serve with crusty bread or hot cooked rice.
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
Source: Sunset magazine - June 2002 - recipe from Linda Lau Anusasananan
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes