Shrimp in Sake-Garlic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced onion or shallot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces rinsed deveined peeled medium shrimp (41/50)
- 1/2 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir garlic and onion or shallot
in olive oil until golden brown - about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sake. Stir often until shrimp are opaque but still moist-looking
in center of thickest part (cut to test), 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add butter, soy sauce and parsley; stir until butter is melted and blended into
sauce. Spoon into 4 small shallow bowls.
- Serve with crusty bread or hot cooked rice.
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
Source: Sunset magazine - June 2002 - recipe from Linda Lau Anusasananan
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.