Sizzling Bacon-Wrapped Apricots
with Cranberry Glaze
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 slices maple-cured bacon, halved crosswise
- 24 dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Cranberry Juice Blend
- Boil cranberry juice in medium saucepan over high heat until reduced to 1 cup.
Whisk in cornstarch, brown sugar, mustard and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over medium
heat and boil 1 minute until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Reserve 1/2 cup
of the glaze.
- Meanwhile, line rimmed baking sheet with foil; set wire rack over foil and spray
with cooking spray. Wrap bacon halves around apricots and secure with wooden pick.
Brush with glaze and place on wire rack.
- Broil 3 to 7 minutes, or until bacon in browned, turning once.
- Serve warm with reserved glaze.
Yield: 24 appetizers
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.