Smokey Stuffed Jalapenos with Bacon
These are from Stubb's Legendary Bar-B-Q in Austin, Texas!
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 24 fresh jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 24 slices bacon (about 2 pounds), halved
- 1 cup Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite Bar-B-Q Sauce
- Heat skillet to medium heat and prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Remove chorizo casing and cook in skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
Transfer cooked chorizo to paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool.
- Mix cream cheese and chorizo.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture. Wrap with half strip of bacon
and secure with toothpick.
- Place peppers on grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently. Baste peppers
with sauce during last 2 minutes of cooking.
Source: Stubb’s Legendary Bar-B-Q
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Family Features
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.