South of the Border Meatballs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (1 if wanted less hot)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Make sauce by blending tomatoes (and their juice) with the chipotle peppers,
onion, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground
black pepper in a blender at low speed. Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Make meatballs by mixing ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of salt,
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper, and 1/4 cup of the sauce in large bowl. Shape
into meatballs and place on shallow baking pan with sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Drain any fat off of meatballs.
- Mix sauce and chicken broth in pan large enough to hold it and the meatballs.
Add meatballs and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Place sauce and meatballs in chafing dish and serve with cocktail picks.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes