Southern Comfort Sausages
This recipe lends itself well to substitutions. It is a real pleaser at parties.
Please read Notes before attempting this recipe.
- 3 pounds Kielbasa (or your favorite type of sausage)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup Southern Comfort
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the sausage into bite-size pieces.
- Add all ingredients to a casserole or baking dish and stir to dissolve the brown
sugar. Bake for approximately 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.*
- Remove from oven and allow grease to settle. Spoon off excess grease.
* Do not cover while baking for the first 30 minutes as the alcohol will
evaporate and if the dish is covered, it may catch fire.
The sauce should thicken slightly to coat the sausages. If it is not thick enough,
bake it a little longer or if you're in a hurry, you can finish it on the stove.