Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium mushrooms, cleaned (30 or more)
- 3/4 pound ground, loose hot pork sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Remove the stems from mushrooms. Chop the mushroom stems. Set mushrooms and stems
- In large skillet over medium heat, thoroughly brown sausage. With slotted spoon,
place sausage on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Spoon off all but 4 tablespoons
of sausage drippings from skillet. Cook mushroom stems in drippings over medium
heat (about 10 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat, and stir in the sausage, cheese, and bread crumbs.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Fill caps with sausage mixture. Place stuffed mushrooms in jellyroll pan and
bake for 15 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes