Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds medium mushrooms, cleaned (30 or more)
- 3/4 pound ground, loose hot pork sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Remove the stems from mushrooms. Chop the mushroom stems. Set mushrooms and stems
- In large skillet over medium heat, thoroughly brown sausage. With slotted spoon,
place sausage on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Spoon off all but 4 tablespoons of sausage drippings from skillet. Cook
mushroom stems in drippings over medium heat (about 10 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat, and stir in the sausage, cheese, and bread crumbs.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Fill caps with sausage mixture. Place stuffed mushrooms in jellyroll pan and bake for
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.