Spinach-Cheese Bagel Bites
- 4 one-day-old bagels*
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* Bagel crumbs can be discarded or saved for use as breadcrumbs or croutons.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Split bagels in half horizontally. With a grapefruit spoon, hollow out some of the bread*.
- Place spinach in microwavable bowl; sprinkle lightly with water. Cover loosely and microwave on high until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute, 20 seconds. Remove and drain well.
- Combine spinach, cheeses and remaining ingredients, except bagels.
- Place bagel shells on foil-lined baking sheet. Place about 1/4 cup cheese mixture
on each bagel. Bake bagel until cheese has melted and edges are lightly toasted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cut each bagel half into quarters to make a total of 32 pieces.
Servings: 8 | Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 10 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Dairy Association
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.