String Cheese Sticks
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 11 ounces refrigerated bread stick dough
- 8 ounces string cheese
- 16 slices thinly sliced, deli-style hard salami
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 beaten egg (optional)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (optional)
- Spray cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll dough; cut each bread stick in half. Fold each piece of dough in half,
and press out to make a 1 1/2 x 4-inch rectangle.
- Cut each piece of string cheese in half to make 16 pieces, each 3-inches long.
Roll one piece of hard salami over one stick of cheese. Place each cheese roll into
middle of dough. Pull both ends up to meet in the center; stretch and pinch side
of dough, covering completely, and pinching sides and ends to seal. Roll on table
with palm of hand until fairly smooth, and no bare spots.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before baking.
- Just before serving, heat oven to 425 degrees F. (Optional: Dip each stick in
beaten egg, and roll in bread crumbs.) Place seam-side down on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti or pizza sauce.
Yield: 16 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes