Stuffed Jalapenos Texas Style
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 pound shredded jack cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound hot sausage (such as Owens or Jimmy Dean)
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package Spicy Shake N Bake
- 20 to 30 jalapeno peppers (fresh or canned)
- If using canned jalapeno peppers, drain well. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise
down one side only and scrape out the seeds.
- Mix Bisquick, sausage and Cheddar in a large bowl, using your hands.
- Put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl, the Shake N Bake in a shallow bowl, and
a baking rack on a cookie sheet, both coated with cooking spray.
- Stuff each pepper with shredded jack, then stick the halves back together, if
separated. Wrap a handful of the sausage mixture around the pepper in the shape
of an elongated egg. Dip into beaten egg and roll in Shake N Bake to coat evenly.
Place on baking rack.
- When the peppers are all ready, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes