Stuffed Sweet Peppers with Pancetta and Cheddar
It seems every grocery store carries these colorful, versatile, and tasty little peppers, and this is one of our favorite ways to serve them. This recipe is very quick and easy to put together and makes for a great presentation. These Stuffed Sweet Peppers with Pancetta and Cheddar make a delicious, healthy, and eye-catching appetizer or side dish, whether for a meal at home with loved ones or for serving a crowd at a gathering.
- 6 mini peppers
- 4 ounces or about 1/2 cup pancetta, salami or bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- Cut the tops off all the peppers and set aside. Using a small knife carefully scrape the inside of all the peppers.
- Heat a dry cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium heat and, using tongs to turn the peppers, lightly char them on all sides. You can also grill the peppers if you like. When all the peppers are nice and toasted remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Use the pan to cook the pancetta. When browned, remove from the pan and place in a small mixing bowl. Let cool for just a minute or two and then add the shredded cheddar and stir to mix. The warm pancetta will slightly melt the cheddar.
- Fill or stuff the peppers using a teaspoon or other small pointed spoon when the pancetta and cheddar have cooled.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to be reheated and used later.
Yield: 6 servings | Prep: 5 min | Cook: 5 min
Nutrition Information: Calories: 130 Per pepper: % Daily Value Total Fat: 9g 14% Saturated Fat: 4g 20%
Cholesterol: 30mg 10% Sodium: 400mg 17% Carbohydrates: 5g 2% Dietary Fiber: 1g 4% Protein: 7g
Calcium: 77mg 8%
Recipe courtesy of Jimmy Kennedy.
Photo courtesy of Caroline Hurley.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cabot Creamery Co-operative