Cream cheese-stuffed peppers are wrapped in flaky crescent rolls and rolled in
Parmesan cheese in this spicy appetizer.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 ounces cream cheese (from 8-ounce package), softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 fresh whole jalapeño chiles*
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl,
mix cream cheese, lime peel, cilantro and lime juice until well blended; set aside.
- Carefully remove stems from chiles; cut each in half lengthwise.* Remove and
- Unroll dough on cutting board; separate into 8 triangles. From center of longest
side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.
- For each appetizer, spoon 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into chile half; place
chile, cream cheese side down, on dough triangle with point of chile near top point
of triangle. Wrap sides of triangle up over chile; pinch to seal. Bring point of
triangle down over end of chile to cover; pinch to seal.
- In separate shallow dishes, place melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Dip each
dough-wrapped chile into butter; roll in cheese to coat. Place on sprayed cookie
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
remove from cookie sheet.
- Serve warm.
Prep Time: 35 Min | Total Time: 50 Min | Yield: 16 appetizers
* Handle jalapeño chiles carefully, as their oil can cause burning. If possible,
use food-safe plastic gloves when working with the chiles.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Appetizer) Calories 130 (Calories from
Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 320mg; Total Carbohydrate
8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 4g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Bake-Off Contest Winner Barb Walters, Pottstown, Pennsylvania, Bake-Off® Contest
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Pillsbury
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes