Swedish Cocktail Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sweet pickle relish
- 1 can beer
- Meatballs: Mix ingredients together and form into small balls. Brown the meatballs
well in cooking oil.
- Sauce: Mix all ingredients together, then add all the browned meatballs. Simmer
over low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
Yield: 2 dozen large or 4 dozen small meatballs
To double recipe, use 3 pounds of meat.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.