Sweet and Sour Smokies
- 8 ounces little "smokies" sausages
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Brown sausages. Drain on paper towels.
- Boil together briefly vinegar, sugar, sherry, soy sauce and ginger.
- Blend cornstarch and water together and add to above mixture. Cook until transparent.
Add sausages, pineapple, bell pepper and cherries and slowly heat. May be prepared
2 days in advance.
- Serve in a chafing dish.