Sweet and Sour Smokies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces little "smokies" sausages
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- Brown sausages. Drain on paper towels.
- Boil together briefly vinegar, sugar, sherry, soy sauce and ginger.
- Blend cornstarch and water together and add to above mixture. Cook until transparent.
Add sausages, pineapple, bell pepper and cherries and slowly heat. May be prepared
2 days in advance.
- Serve in a chafing dish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes