Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Dip
This gooey, cheesy skillet cheeseburger dip was made for a crowd, but we bet you’ll make it for yourself or your family on any given night - it’s too delicious to save just for special occasions! Cabot Colby Jack Cheese is the perfect foil for this ridiculously cheesy bacon burger creation. For a smaller gathering, halve the recipe and bake in a 5-inch skillet to make all your bacon cheeseburger dreams come true.
Hearty ruffled potato chips, french fries, as well as the “buns” make
*WARNING* dip (and skillet) is very hot straight out of the oven and
needs to sit for at least 5 minutes before eating.
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, at room temperature or briefly warmed in a microwave
- 2 (8 ounce) bars Cabot Colby Jack Cheese, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 cups dill pickles, chopped, divided
- 6-8 strips bacon, cooked crisp and chopped or crumbled
- 1 package prepared Pizza Dough, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator about 1/2 hour before
making the dip, and let it sit at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute ground beef in a 9-10-inch cast iron skillet until cooked,
breaking beef into small pieces. Drain any fat and place the beef in a
medium bowl. Add salt, onion powder, tomato paste, cream cheese and 3/4
of the shredded cheese. Add 1/2 of the chopped onion and 1 cup of the chopped dill pickles. Stir to combine.
- Clean the skillet and spray lightly with pan spray. Place the beef
and cheese mixture in cast iron skillet and top with the remaining
shredded cheese. Set aside while you prepare the dough for the “buns."
- Cut the pizza dough into small portions, approximately 25-30 pieces
the size of a cherry tomato. Place the dough balls around the outside
edge of the skillet, nestling them together if needed, to fit. Brush the
dough with the melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the buttered “buns."
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the buns are golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and top with the crumbled bacon, remaining
onion and dill pickles. Drizzle (or dollop) ketchup and mustard over the top.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings | Prep: 25 min | Cook: 45 min | Total: 1 hr 10 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.