Bagna Cauda (Hot Garlic and Anchovy Sauce)
This is a classic sauce for garlic lovers only from Piedmont, Italy. The name
means "hot bath" and it is served in the same way as fondue, in a pot in the center
of the table over a candle. Surround it with raw vegetables which are dipped into
the sauce. Serve with plenty of red wine and crusty bread.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 8 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 1 cup olive oil
- Heat butter in the serving pot or a small saucepan and add garlic. Keep on low
heat so that garlic does not brown.
- Add anchovies and stir well, then gradually add oil. Cook for about 10 minutes,
over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Place on the table over a candle.
- Serve with raw vegetables such as sliced peppers, celery, fennel, cauliflower,
broccoli, mushrooms and carrots.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.