Barbecued Chicken Dip with Grilled Pineapple
Keep the heat outside with munchy nachos. A foil pan takes them from grill to
picnic table in just minutes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 pineapple
- 8 ounces Wisconsin cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Brush 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
over both sides of chicken.
- Cook chicken on grill or in large skillet until cooked through to internal temperature
of 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken to cutting board and shred. using two forks to pull chicken into
- Place chicken in medium bowl and add remaining barbecue sauce. Stir to combine
and set aside.
- Remove core and outer peel from pineapple and cut into spears. Grill pineapple
for few minutes on each side until dark grill marks appear. Alternatively, cook
pineapple spears in hot skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Chop grilled pineapple into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place softened cream cheese in oven-safe baking dish, such as pie pan.
- Spread cream cheese in even layer and top with shredded barbecued chicken.
- Sprinkle shredded Monterey jack cheese over and bake 10-15 minutes until cheese
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro and 1 cup grilled pineapple.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
By Love Grows Wild
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Dip Recipes