Big Bowl Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup regular or non-alcoholic beer
- 8 ounces (2 cups)
shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded Pepper Jack cheese
tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons
chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips,
- roasted potato wedges, for dipping
- Place onion and beer in a heavy medium-size saucepan. Heat to boiling. Reduce
heat and simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine cheeses, flour and taco seasoning. Slowly add handfuls
to hot beer until melted.
- Repeat until all of the cheese is used.
- Stir in chipotle
pepper and sour cream.
Yield: 20 servings
* Store remaining chipotles in small packages in freezer for later use.
Recipe and photo credit: the American Dairy Association.