Hot Crab Dip in Bread Basket
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 (2 pound) round loaf of bread, wheat or rye
- In a small bowl, mix and beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat
in mayonnaise, wine, green onions, garlic and Worcestershire sauce until smooth
and well blended. Stir in crab and pimiento.
- Slice off top of bread loaf. Scoop out center of loaf to make basket. Place
bread on baking sheet; fill center with crab mixture.
- Bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F until very warm.
- Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.