Hot Crab Dip
Pita chips are great low-fat dippers for this scrumptious dip.
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Florida Orange Juice*
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, well-drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise dressing
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced pimiento
- 1 (6-ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
*May substitute Florida Orange Juice from Concentrate
- To make the chips, cut 4 pita rounds in half horizontally. Cut each half
into 6 wedges. Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spray an unheated medium saucepan with nonstick coating. Heat over medium-high
heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add orange juice, artichokes, mayonnaise dressing, onions, cheese, and pimiento.
Gently fold in crabmeat. Transfer to a 1-quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Cool 5 minutes. Stir before serving.
- Serve warm with pita chips, vegetable dippers, or assorted crackers.
Makes about 3 1/2 cups | Serves 12.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Florida Department of Citrus