Taco Skillet Dip
Looking for a hot, cheesy skillet dip to impress your guests at your next gathering or wow your family at dinner? Made with shredded chicken, taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, black beans, salsa, red onion and our 4-Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese, this taco dip recipe is seriously so good that it will become one of your most requested dips from friends and family.
- 2 chicken breasts (about 4 cups cooked)
- 1 12 ounce can beer (water may be substituted)
- 1 packet taco seasoning, about 4 tablespoons
- 8 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese at room temperature or briefly heated in the microwave
- 1/3 cup Cabot Sour Cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 2 (8 ounce) bags Cabot 4-Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped into small dice, divided
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken breasts in a medium size pot so they are not
overlapping. Pour beer over the top of the chicken and add water if
needed so the chicken is covered with liquid. Heat the chicken in
beer/water on the stovetop and bring to a simmer (small bubbles). Cook
the chicken for 15-18 minutes at a simmer, or until cooked through,
skimming any foam from the top as you go. Once cooked, remove the
chicken from the pot and cool until you can handle it comfortably. Cut
each breast into thirds and using two forks or your fingers, shred the
chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with taco seasoning
stirring to ensure all chicken is evenly coated. Add cream cheese and
sour cream, stir to combine.
- Add black beans, salsa, 3/4 of the cheese (1 1/2 bags), and half of
the chopped red onion. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Coat a 9-10-inch skillet with a light coating of pan spray. Pour
mixture into the skillet and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Remove skillet from oven and top with the remaining red onion. Allow
skillet to cool for 5 minutes, and top with the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips and hot sauce, olé!
Yield: 6-8 servings | Prep: 25 min | Cook: 50 min | Total: 1 hr 15 min
*WARNING* - this dip (and skillet) is very hot right out of the oven and
will need at least 5 minutes or more to cool before digging in!
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Dip Recipes