Treasure Chest Dip
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) round sourdough bread loaf
- Butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can tiny cocktail shrimp, drained and rinsed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut slice from top of bread; remove center, leaving 1-inch thick shell. Cut the
bread that was removed into strips. Brush inside of loaf with margarine, also inside
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Place bread strips on
cookie sheet during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Combine Velveeta cheese, shrimp, eggs, celery, mayonnaise and milk in saucepan.
Stir over low heat until melted and hot.
- Spoon into hollowed bread loaf, sprinkle
with dill weed.
- Serve hot with bread strips and veggies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Dip Recipes